Any ministry operates
consciously or unconsciously within a set of
core values. These core values identify who we
are and what we do. We believe that God has
called Hephzibah House to be His agent for the Kingdom of God
in the world through the incorporation of the
following ministry values.
• Biblical Foundation---We are committed to Biblical Christianity, maintaining the primary affirmations and confessions that have defined Christians since the time of the early Church. We affirm through our ministry the apostolic preaching and teaching of Jesus Christ attesting that “Jesus is Lord” and “God raised Him from the dead.”
• Local Ministry With Global Concern---We want to see men and women move from a false or inadequate knowledge of God to salvation in Christ, teaching them to obey all that Christ has commanded through the Scriptures. We trust the Holy Spirit to meet each person at his or her level of spiritual need with a spirit of humility and self-sacrifice on our part.
• Individual Worth---We assert the personal worth of each individual. The angels rejoice over one soul brought into the Kingdom of God. We desire that God would convey that worth through us as His servants.
• Church Dependent---The Scriptures teach us about the central role of the Church in God’s plan for reaching the lost and living out God’s intentions for His Kingdom. Para church organizations may complement the ministry of the Church, but should never be a substitute for it. Our ministry will reflect the necessity of seeing believers built up to serve Christ within the context of His Body.
• Ministry Ethics---Our staff will apply Biblical principles, standards, and practices as the basis for all relationships. Staff will be expected to maintain the highest level of integrity in all aspects of ministry, such as the handling of money, fulfilling commitments to those we are ministering to, maintaining unity in relationship with Hephzibah’s leadership, colleagues, donors, and church leaders, and avoiding any duplicity in word or deed. Our staff must be committed to purity in motives, clarity in purpose and without fleshly activity such as gossip.
• Spiritual Resources---We recognize that all Christian ministry needs to flow out of a humble heart that is yielded to the Lordship of Jesus Christ. We affirm the ongoing ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a Godly life and is empowered for witness and service.